I updated my last post with the video link. Next I'll be adding in class/type choices for the character gen screen. This will do things like automatically create talents and also notify you when your rolls make you a candidate for a certain class or a specialist class (warrior-wizard/paragon etc.).
I'd be glad to test a copy of Track & Troll for Android. It's been quite a while since I've T&T'ed, but I think VERY highly of Tr&Tr as a tool and a tablet version would be great.
"You may ruefully note my lack of respect for the inherent solemnity of the proper exercise of the craft; I cannot even plead ignorance, for I know better." -- wisdom from the sadly defunct blog Huge Ruined Pile
1. to come up with a form or spreadsheet to make it easier to track problems and requests
2. Hand out the apk to interested parties
3. Collect some of your bug reports
Keep in mind, the first alpha version will be fairly limited. It will be nearly on par (feature-wise) with the original Track n Troll PC program. Also, it will likely look terrible on some/most devices until I get a better idea of what sort of devices I want to target.
Future plans (in order of importance):
1. Attempt to make the app usable on 4"+ screens 2. Add support for other languages (probably French first since there's interest) 3. Ability to export/import data so people can backup or even share campaigns/characters/equipment/etc. 4. Campaign-level battle handler. Right now it's only character scoped rolls so it doesn't do any of the GM work (see Aramis' Monsterator Tool earlier in this thread) 5. Art? 6. Release on Play market and Amazon (free and ad-free)
Don't click the link below just yet. Please read the following notes.
1. this program is currently ugly 2. there's a lot of information on some screens so it might be crowded 3. certain screens may be deformed on your device, just let me know (see form link below) 4. seriously...it might have all the controls bunched up in one spot in the middle of your screen. let me know! 5. full combat handling is not in yet 6. monsters (MR-style) are not (yet) included as standalone assets but I've started laying the foundation for them (side note: you can create fully-stated monsters by making a character and then checking the "Character is a monster" checkbox on the "Info" panel. On the Campaign screen, they are denoted with a "(!)" following the character name) 7. not every option in the Campaign Options screen is enabled yet (some will make sense when the full combat is in) 8. changes are not saved unless you save them (with some exceptions: creating or deleting a character/asset is immediate) 9. By default, the app starts up a non-intrusive notification in your pulldown window. this keeps the app from being killed randomly by Android. when you exit the app (either by using the back button on your phone to exit all the way out, or if you go to the first screen and choose "Exit" from the settings menu) the notification will disappear 10. uninstalling the app will delete all your work. so be careful. (you can probably manually back up the database by saving everything in Android/data/com.exspecto.trackntroll/Files)
Ok. Here we go!
Please fill out the form if you run into any problems or have suggestions/requests: form here
And...here's the apk ---> Track n' Troll (alpha) - you'll probably need to enable the "unknown sources" in your Security settings to install this
Props to Mo for helping me find the first bug (there was an error when rolling a 2nd new character on a new campaign)! I updated the apk so you may want to redownload (the link is the same) and reinstall.
Uploaded a new version of the apk (use the same link to download it):
- fixed the bug that Mo found where rolling a 2nd new character causes a crash in a new campaign with default options - if a new character is created with the Warrior class, "Double Hits" is enabled (double armor bonus)
Fixed a couple of bugs (thanks to Aramis of Erak for pointing them out!)
- fixed a problem that caused a crash when choosing to Level Up a character in a campaign that doesn't have the WIZ stat enabled - now allow negative values for "Other adds", weapon adds, and armor adds
Also: - show a total of zero for combat rolls that are negative due to negative adds - no longer display target number for saving rolls if the target was negative due to having a stat far above the SR level target - fixed a display issue that caused character names to get cut off on tablets in portrait mode
There are other issues that others have brought up that I will be working on soon (mostly layout problems)