The only problems we had were based on mismatched expectations, basically because my brain was in full-throttle adventure mode rather than tutorial mode. But, you know, we worked together and made it work.
Overall, it was thrilling and very encouraging. Perhaps enough to get the text finished up before Longest Night!
A few nights ago, I posted my first rules update in nearly two months. My rigorous playtesting has given me a bunch of revisions in my notes, but no time to polish the text.
Last night, I finally got a chance to post my first treatment of non-human kindreds. Same link as above
I still have a few additional kindreds in my notes, but one of the players has been asking for my ideas about this and I didn't want to keep him waiting.
One of the biggest revisions was that I got rid of the overpowered improvised magic method. Seeing how it worked in actual play made it clear to me that it didn't fit what I wanted from this game. It was loosely based on the rules in 1st edition T&T that allowed magic-users to create new spells, but it was a little more flavorful and less fiddly.
I welcome any feedback or questions y'all may have!